Last week I saw a book meme on Gideon Strauss' blog, and wondered if it would make it around to me. Looks like it has--I've been tagged byThabiti Anyabwile.
1. One book that changed your life: Grace Unknown: The Heart of Reformed Theology, R.C. Sproul. Credit for this one goes to my dad, who lent me the book when I asked him as a teenager what this "Reformed" thing that I'd been hearing about meant.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: 1984, George Orwell
3. One book I’d want on a desert island: The biggest collection of Spurgeon's sermons available
4. One book that made me laugh: Right Behind, Nathan Wilson
5. One book that made me cry: A Grief Observed, C.S. Lewis
6. One book that you wish had been written: On Baptism, by Polycarp (a disciple of the Apostle John)--in which he explicitly settles the question of whether the church under and immediately following the Apostles baptized infants or not
7. One book you wish had never been written: The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money, John Maynard Keynes
8. One book that you are currently reading: The Reformation: A History, Diarmid McCullough
9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read: Biblical Theology, Geerhardus Vos. Own it, read the first few chapters last summer, never finished it.
Now I tag...Emily O'Neal, Kyle Newcomer, and John Letoto.
Monday, August 14, 2006
One Book...
Subscribe to:
Comment Feed (RSS)




|